How was this project developed?
A consortium was formed, which consisted of the following organisations, who expressed an interest in the first stage of the process back in early August 2011:
- Gloucestershire Association for Voluntary and Community Action (GAVCA)
- Third Sector Services (TSS)
- Gloucestershire Rural Community Council (GRCC)
- Gloucestershire Council for Voluntary Youth Services (GCVYS)
- Volunteer and Community Action (Stroud District)
- Cotswold CVS
- Forest Voluntary Action Forum (FVAF)
- Linking Communities
- Active Gloucestershire
- Create Gloucestershire
- Fair Shares Gloucestershire
These partners agreed that GAVCA should be the lead agency who led a participatory process between August and October to develop ideas for the project and carry out a consultation to inform the plans. During this process some members of the consortium decided that they did not wish to participate in transformational activities at this stage and so chose not to be delivery partners in the bid. However, all members have been part of the process of agreeing the priorities for this bid and their role within it.
Funding was agreed at the end of January 2012 and the project will start in April 2012 and run for 18 months until Sep 2013.
Delivery partners who will be working with GAVCA, are: PATA, Glos Council for Voluntary Youth Services and Fair Shares Gloucestershire.